Monday, March 7, 2016

Tennis Star Maria Sharapova Tests positive for Banned Substance



Oh no! This is sad. Maria Sharapova, former world number 1 and presently world number 7 tennis player has confirmed that she has failed a drug test.

Sharapova, a five-time Grand Slam champion ,is one of tennis’s biggest stars and has been the highest-paid female athlete for 11 straight years.

“I have to take full responsibility for it,” Sharapova said at a news conference in Los Angeles. “It’s my body, and I’m responsible for what I put into it.”

The banned substance she tested positive for is mildronate which she says she has been taking since 2006 due to health issues. Mildronate was added to the prohibited list this year.

She said she received an email from the World Anti-Doping Agency in December that noted changes to tennis’s program for 2016. She said that the email included a link to a list of banned substances, but that she did not look at it.

Well I think I'll blame this on ignorance. Don't think she did it deliberately. Share your thoughts guys

0 comments:

Post a Comment